View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 08:33

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default panic attack?

Hi -- I am not sure I have panic attacks -- that is, I don't run about screaming or anything like that. But that can't be the only kkind of panic attack, can it? Mine are just as bad, but I am exactly opposite. I retreat inside myself, say nothing to anybody, and stew about how eveil the world is an the extent to which everyone hates me. And in doing so I help to create the situtations that might do exacty that: drive people away. And the more I think on it the worse it gets, a definite downward spiral.

The way to get out of it is the break the fall, so think on something else. And this is much easier said than done; if I could do it easily myself I wouldn't be a depressive. Still, I imagine my mind stilled, calm, and clearing, then I do a sitting meditation for as long as it takes to pry my mind out of the darkness. The hardest part of the procedure is catching myself and beginning the climb out -- once I have started the climb up I am OK, but actually making the catch can be difficult.

RAH