Old Sun, Apr-24-05, 09:13

Plan: Atkins.
Stats: 226/222/161 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd sock
London locations, but check websites for location near you:

SELFRIDGES FOOD HALL, 400 Oxford St. W1A 1AB; 7629-1234(www.selfridges.com); Bond St. or Marble Arch Tube
Wonder at the variety: the food AND the prices. Can be pricey, but has a fantastic deli, kosher food, 38 varieties of olives, ready meals, fresh fish, a butcher's, salt-beef bar, and sushi bar. The wine shop is also good if so inclined. Who says LC is austere?

Also if you go to Selfridges and want lunch, try the Food Garden Cafe, it is superb. Fresh salads, soups, steaks, with veggies, berries and cream. I have eaten very well their whilst doing Atkins, with a started tuna salad and steak with broccoli. But it is next to the Haagen Daz cafe, but it is not in you face.
I also love Neal's Yard, a really nice list.

My favourite Low Carb products are:

Covent Garden Chicken Soup

Good French Creme Fraiche - (and alternative to cream but 0.8 carbs but desert spoon and great with berries, if you do not like real cream.)

Mixed leaves salad bags (such a brilliant invention.)

Some of the Tesco Finest ready meals.

Sainsbury's- deli Chicken Tikka Masla or other meat curries, spinich brajis etc.

M&S: Mini pork sausages for 99p, great for a lunch on the run.

M&S: Selection of cold meats with their two for £4 pound deal.

M&S party selection: Salmon and cream cheese roll ups, Chicken Tikka bits and cheese and bacon wraps.

Also; Bousin cheese, now spreadable.

Waitrose:

Boxes of froxen cod fillets

Markeral Pate

Organic Meatballs. (Also Ikea now sell bumper packs of Swedish meatballs and the gravy they use. Great with crisp lettuce, sliced peppers, red onion and little Mayo.)

Duchy Bacon (Expensive but organic for Prince Charles' Farm.)

Pepperami's good for a snack while on the move etc.