View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 19:59

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi Rosa Congrats on your progress! You are doing great Eating to suit your needs is working well for you. Again, your stats are impressive and congratulations on your lbs. removed forever!

I don't count calories, but I follow a modified Schwarzbein. I am losing inches [down to a size 4 from a size 12! ]and I am doing really well. I ONLY eat serving sizes that suit my hunger of the moment. No more, no less--ever. I don't calculate my calories to fit a maximum or a minimum. I eat what my body requires--good, whole low carb foods in manageable serving sizes. If I bothered to calculate, I would likely find out that I am probably consuming FEWER calories than some 'formulas' dictate. That is just fine by me. I would never consider stuffing myself to fulfill a number any more than I would consider starving myself for the same.

I, too am never hungry and I am in the best shape of my entire life. I do abide by Dr. S's guideline for eating vegetables at every meal, even if this means eating only a teeny tiny salad or a quarter cup of spinach. I also take note to make sure I am eating small, appropriate serving sizes of starchy carbs, fruits, etc. I am careful not to exceed her recommended amounts for these foods. As far as dairy, I still love and enjoy it, but whatever is working for you is the way to go.