View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 11:44

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 230/203/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 42%
Unhappy New scale *sigh*

I bought a new digital scale that shows my weight at 10 pounds heavier than my old dial scale did.

So I've adjusted all of my statistics 10 pounds upward, but left my goal weight the same—though I'm not confident of the wisdom of that decision. I figure at 5'5", 150 lbs. is considered a high "norm," so that's what I should use. However, that's what I weighed in my 20's when I was thin. I'm in my 40's now, so perhaps I should goal at 160? I've always been active and a little on the muscular side. In fact, these days I lift weights, so I probably have even more LBM than I did in my 20's...

Back to the new scale...at least the digital scale is consistent. I can get on and off of it several times, and it only fluctuates within a fraction of a pound. My old dial scale would fluctuate wildly, sometimes within a 7 pound range, so that I would have to weigh myself three or four times and take the average of the results received. (It was sort've a fun scale though...depending on what direction you leaned, your weight reading would suddenly plummet...a nice illusion...)

-G.
Sponsored Links