#23   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 05:43
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default Hi Summer!

This isn't the first time I've heard of results such as you've experienced by eating the ice cream. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. WHY did that happen? Take a look atthis post for a quote from Dr. Atkins that MAY help explain it.

There's also a thread around here somewhere (I'll see if I can find it later) called "Cheating before TOM" or something like that, I think it may be in the Tips/Stalls section. Women there are discussing caving in to pre-TOM cravings and then experiencing a whoosh. However, remember that whooshes almost always come right after TOM.....I'm having one right now as a matter of fact.... so that could just be coincidence.

There are lots of things about diets and metabolism that even the best scientists can't explain..... that's why its constantly being debated....there are no ANSWERS....just some real good educated guesses!

Bottom line, if you're stalled (remember, that's FOUR weeks with no loss) go ahead and have a bowl of ice cream to see if it helps. Just don't have a bowl of ice cream every day for 2 weeks!!!

If you're feeling so poorly on a regular basis, then perhaps you should consider upping your carbs to the 40-45 range....maybe your particular body just needs those higher levels. The add'l carbs should come from vegetables or a little fruit....not refined carbs.