Old Sun, Apr-17-05, 09:36
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggerz
Ya know the movie quote "You had me at hello.."? Well for me its, "You lost me at...... ." ..... And honestly, about 30 minutes after you posted this thread I started a scathing response that started with, "Dude, you need to chill the bleep out..." then backspaced everything I wrote, and went on down the list of other new threads. But its a new day, and I'm back to reading this one...

I felt the same way when I first read Primate's post. It seemed that he was calling any parent an idiot who would watch what their kids eat.

Let me tell you, I wish my parents would have known the dangers of white bread, potatoes, sugar, and rice when I was a kid. Instead, my parents being semi-starved by poverty when they were kids, they never denied me very much in the way of food. Maybe they should've! Maybe I would've grown up a lot happier and healthier, physically and mentally!

Now, armed with the knowledge we have, I think it would be irresponsible to not help our children. You don't have to tell the kids they look fat in order to help them, though. If both parents were on board with the program it would be pretty easy to simply keep certain foods out of the house. In my case, where the other parent thinks you will die without a massive daily starchload, it's not so easy.

"The kids are skinny, they don't need a diet," she says. Well, darn it, I wasn't fat yet when I was 7 either. A couple of years later, I was among the fattest and most ridiculed kids in school.

It's not stupid to be concerned about kids' health and weight. It is responsible.