View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 19:56
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

I agree with some of your points, primate, but the first thing to realize is that to us serious lc'ers, lc is not a "diet" in the traditional sense of a weight-loss diet. It is a new way of life that simply discards junk food in search of better overall health (for most of us, this does include weight-loss, of course). Period. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting kids to eat real food most days! I am responding here because I am the one that expressed in another thread my displeasure with my wife constanty allowing the kids junk food. Neither of my kids are even "chunky" whatsoever, but I still like for them to eat healthy food. I developed metabolic syndrome eating FAR less sugar and starch than they do.

You are definitely right about the exercise being insufficient nowadays. I personally think that diet is far more important to control of weight, though.

I totally agree that it is rubbish to ruin a kid's self-esteem by striving for bodily perfection, but it is equally rubbish to destroy kids' lives by feeding them rubbish from the time they are conceived!