View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 18:45

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

I agree that putting them on a "diet" is the wrong thing to do. Some kids are naturally chunky and some get that way because of their enviornment. There are plenty of ways to curb it and one is to get off our lazy ~$$ and do it with them. I dont live in a crime ridden neighborhood (far from it) but Im not stupid either. My kids are always where I can see them and take care of them. There are plenty of parks and such to go to if the yard isnt an option, but that would take effort on our part.

It takes "too" much effort to put good nutritious food on the table and to buy healthy snacks because they yell and beg for sugary treats (which are plenty cheaper). Well a bag of carrots cost about $1 or two...same as/ less than cookies and thats a decent snack for a kid. Thats just an example, of course every child wont eat carrots. But you can find something healthy they will eat or at least try.

We all need to look at what we all eat, what we fix our children and what we expect to teach them in life. Some kids are chunky naturally ( like I said before ) but the majority get worse because of what we do to them. Also while on the subject, people should stop pointing and saying crap about others being fat - especially in front of their kids. Your an adult, yes we know, but try to teach your children better than you. If you everyone tought their kids to be kind then there wouldnt be so much teasing in the first place.

My children get in BIG trouble if I find out they tease/ have teased someone. They are tought that its not nice and hurts peoples feelings and give them examples of how it hurts them - not just take it for granted that they are angels and will learn only from your instruction.

I tell them all the time that they are perfect the way they are and its ok for people to be different. I tell them that we are all eating healthier and try not to use the word "diet" around them. Althought they are little ears so they hear things we dont necessarliy want them to. I just hope they understand that their mommy and daddy are unhealthy like this and are working to fix it. They are one of the main reasons that we are doing this. I dont want to be the lazy fat mom. The parents that dont want to go do anything ever just due to lack of energy and embarrasment of ourselves. And thats exactly who I am right now. (trying not to be though and doing a decent job so far).

Anyway..I got to rambling there myself. Its getting warmer everywhere ~ get those kids out!!! and get out with them!!! (be safe).

Oh yea..and I agree I wouldnt let my kids run the neighborhood. Have you ever typed your address in the child molester database to see how many lived in your area?? Its very scary...and I have a good community. Only one....well two now one just moved in. I was abused as a child and I would die protecting them from that sort of thing. Thats why Im always there!

Im sorry if I offend some - Im not trying to generalize EVERYONE and I know that some times its harder due to whatever reason. But parenting takes a major commitment and is a major obligation. Do your children right!