View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-16-05, 17:56

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 22%
Smile

Hi there! I can say I don't agree with you 100% Primate. I WISH someone would have helped me with my diet when I was younger. Maybe the torture of middle school and high school wouldn't have been so bad. Maybe I wouldn't have cried my eyes out and wanted to quit school because people were constatly calling me fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate
CAUTION THIS IS A LONG RANT!

I was a fat kid too and there are a lot of fat kids in the world but most will grow out of it.

Oh, how I wish!! I was a chubby thing all my life, and chubby grew into FAT!

Quote:
The world is pretty jacked today and the last thing your kid needs is a self esteem problem from their parent that has them on a diet because he or she isn’t socially acceptable. To steal from my friends accrossed the pound THAT IS JUST RUBISH!

I think the self esteem issue comes from people making fun of overweight children. At least for me it did. The children aren't going to get any better unless the parents step in. I think its a good idea for parents to step in. Now I'm not talking about putting heavy kids on Atkin's or strict diets. I'm talking about teaching them good eating habits. For instance: instead of sugar laiden cereal, give them some fresh fruit for breakfast.

Quote:
You know the reason there is an increase in child obesity? Well let me tell you what I think:

Technology:
You want your kid to trim down be happy and healthy? Get them off the computer and from in front of the Xbox and get them out playing. Running around in the woods, Playing football or hop-scotch in the middle of the street, hide and go seek, the real life sport or activities they are playing on the Xbox or computer. This keeps them in shape builds there imagination and teaches them how to work as a team.

Laws:
Skateboarding, Rollerblading, and just being a troublemaker. These are activities that some of us did as kids but now the law has made it impossible for kids to get out and do things. You can’t skate her or ride your board there, climbing through an abandoned house out in a backfield somewhere gets your parents sued and you get a record. Sneaking out was one of the best aerobic exercises I did as a kid. We didn’t do anything to bad but running everywhere getting the heart rate up and being very alert to your surroundings isn’t that bad then you come home usually safe and sound and get some sleep. Now the penalties is to too severe.

Fat Lazy Parents (me included):
So we are overweight and low on energy so we don’t want to run our kid to extracurricular activities or go outside and teach little Johnny how to play baseball or go to the park and play volleyball. We get fat and lazy and they don’t learn good habits and end up the same way.

I am not a doctor or Lawyer and only a part time parent so should I really be dispensing this information and advice? Yes, because the people in charge who should tell you this stuff are obviously a bunch of dope smoking retards….. just my .02 Have a Lovely Day

I just think along with the exercise you suggested, parents should also be aware of what their kids are putting in their mouths. Instead of the high fat, high carb food and goodies loaded with sugar, I wish someone would have taught me the value of an apple or some fresh veggies. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten so heavy. Interesting post! Have a great day!