#12   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 19:09

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalilah
And do I need to cut the fat back if I'm raising my carbs considerably like this??? You think that 40g-50g of real carbs combined with the grams in the shakes will be enough carbs to sustain me, but allow me to lose weight still?

Jalilah, you do need the carbs to sustain the exercise and the lifting. The amount you're planning on eating, while it may seem substantial to you, is really not that much. It takes some time getting used to the idea - just as it did when we started eating all the fat, remember?

Burial at sea for the ketostix is a great idea send your scales with them. It is entirely possible that you'll see an increase in body weight on the scale - it's far more important that you track measurements when you incorporate resistance work into your regime. Muscle is dense and tightly packed, but volume wise it weighs more than fat does. Increased lean mass with no change in scale weight will be evident by a change in measurements.

Increasing carbs, sufficient protein and enough fat to keep you satiated will take some tweaking - but you'll find the right proportions. I would not suggest cutting fat back too much (been there, tried that was awfully hungry and cranky and moody). If you'd like, have a look through afew of the following journals for some menu ideas: Lisaf (she's doing another challenge as of this week), Homegirl, Marlaine and mine (BFL menus began in my journal around page 24).

Cheers,
Nat