#5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 13:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 291/281/200
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Shopping

Hello Waltz,

I am relatively new at LC'ing myself but may be able to help you know what to purchase.

I found the easiest thing to do was to keep things simple. Decide what kinds of protein type foods you prefer (ie beef, chicken, fish) and plan on having lots of that. For me, I prefer beef. I find Induction is easy to do if you have plenty of the following foods handy:

* fresh meat, chicken, or fish
* various cheeses
* eggs
* olive oil
* mayonaise
* whipping cream

Then, buy something like pre-packed washed mixed lettuce. Know that you can have 2 cups of this per day (plus one other serving of veggies as metioned in the book) and eat until you are satisfied of the other items mentioned above. Keep doing that until you decide to progress from Induction, at which time you can follow the directions in the book and gradually start adding more carbs..

I suspect that what you were asking perhaps is where to buy those 'other' items... Atkins mixes, bars, milkshake mix etc... That is a good question as we dont have lots of variety and choices for those. However, during Induction, you really dont need those and could stick to the foods mentioned above.

I hope this helps...

James