Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 06:44

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Re: Conflicting info? Need clarification

Quote:
Originally posted by Jalilah
I know not eating is bad.... I'm out of ketosis again because of it. Three days in a row now. I just don't know how or where to get it all in, you know? It gets very stressful, as you can tell.

Jalilah, I think the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to do the best you can and not stress over what you 'should' be doing. Stress is evil - it results in cortisol coursing through the body and muscle being wasted and fat not being burned. And it's totally un necessary.

Is eating an Atkins bar the best choice? No. Is it better than a Krispy Kreme? You better believe it is! The secret to success of something like BFL or a CKD or any program is: Plan, Plan, PLAN. Plan out what you can have, what you need to have and how you can work it in. Do this one day a week for the whole week and then forget about it. Use fitday to plan ahead. Pre cook and pre package snacks and foods and take the 'thinking' out of the equation. Life becomes a lot more manageable when you don't have to worry about 'what's for lunch #2'

The second best thing you can do is put away your ketostix. It's next to impossible to to get positive results with them exercising at the intensity you will be/are. Even during heavy ketosis only 7-8% of energy comes from ketone metabolism - that's a piddly amount to try to test for. I have never registered above 'trace' and when doing BFL I never got past 'negative' - I haven't bothered testing since last year sometime, but I can assure you I've burned and lost fat since that time

We all customise the plan to make it work for us. No one does BFL 'by the book' - not even the people who are doing BFL "by the book"

Nat