#5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 160/150/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

brycielan:

I had the same questions. First I read the CAD book and also talked to a friend here in TX who lost 50 pounds (in about 6 months). Also I asked the same question when I entered this forum and got different answers.

One person replied, and I cuote " as long as you eat your CM meals as directed by the book, do not snack in between meal, unless you are on a plan that calls for a snak, you could eat any carb you want for dinner as long as you do it in a period of 1 hour"

Another person replied that I had to include salad in my RM. If you look at the book during the induction period, I think, plan A there is no mention of salad.

The book very specifically instruct us to have a balanced meal. In other words you reward meal should not consist of "candy bars, coke, ice cream, etc. but to use this time to make posible to eat those carbs you enjoy more.

My friend, the one who lost 50 pounds, told me he would eat eggs and ham for breakfast, a steak and a salad or lc vegies, and at dinner he was eating whatever his wife cooked that day, rice, beans, meat, and he specifically told me he had icecream every night. But, also told me sometimes he just ordered pizza and eat pizza, and had his Icecream.

My Own experience: I started Atkins, and although it worked during induction, I knew I was about to quit, because I just can't live without eating carbs, I just want to be able to control them insted of the carbs cravings controling me. So After talking to my friend I broght the CAD book not the other CALP.

I keep very strict to my 2 CM. During the week, I only have coffee in the a.m., just because I can't eat that early in the a.m., and can't cook at work, so I Just have coffee with heavy wipped cream. On weekends I do have breakfast, or brunch.

At dinner time, unless I am planning to have a very high sugar-carb desert in mind (those that you know true to your heart you will go for a second round), I don't eat any salad. I have whatever my family is eating that day, rice, casserole, spaguetties, meat (I love meat) Bread (no more than 2 servings - before I will have up to 4 good sizes pieces of bread) I eat until I feel satisfied, and stop, I don't eat until I feel I am goint to explode !! If you don't lose any weight for a week, then cut back in portions,i.e., less pasta, and 1 slice of bread. It really depend on how your body responds.

If I have in mind to eat two rounds of my favorite dessert that night, common sense tells me that I may have less pasta, rice than normal, include a salad or vegies to my dinner, eat more meat, sometimes I only have my favorite High Carb Veggie, with my favorite steak, so I can enjoy my dessert.

It really depends what is your down fall, it is bread? desserts? you need to make space to acomodate those carbs you most enjoy and if you can't eat them all in one dinner, remember the next day you will have another RM. And watch how your boddy weight changes.

Sometimes I come from work and I don't feel like a heavy dinner, but I feel like eating Pancakes (THE VERY REAL THING, WITH THE VERY REAL SYRUP) well, that is what I eat, at least 3 good size pancakes with real maple syrup, and a big mug of coffee with heavy wipped cream all in on hour and keep drinking water untill I go to bed. The next day I lost weight !!

My best advise is follow the CAD book as the best of your knowledge. Be strict on your CM and don't deprive yourself of your favorite carbs at your RM, just use common sense, and watch how your boddy's reaction. Drink plenty of water, till you feel that the bathroom is never close enought. If you don't see results the first week, then adjust your RM portions.

Another thing to remember, although you may have read stories of some people loosing 5, 7, pounds a week, that may not be your case, you may lose anywhere from 1/2 pound a day, to 1 pound every 2 days, to 2 pounds a week. It all depends. What you don't want is to gain, and even that, sometimes I eat the same things I would do and lose weight, the next day I gained and it could have been for a lot of reasons, may be my period, didn't drink enough water, whatever, so don't get discouraged, keep on with your plan. This diet does work !!!

I can't believe I wrote this much !!!!! Sorry.......

Well, good luck, feel free to write to me if you have any questions or want to share your experiences.