View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 08:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/157.5/140
BF:
Progress: 54%
Question Would BFL work for me?

First, I am going to admit that I have not read the Body for Life book yet, but I have been intrigued by all of the comments and successes on this board. I bought the book last night, so I am going to start reading it after work this evening. Since there are so many “experts” here, I thought I would present my scenario to see if you think Body for Life would work for me.

I am 5’7” and I am hovering somewhere between 157 and 159 on the scale (25 pounds have been shed on Atkins). I have been working out fairly consistently for the past ten years, so I know a lot of my weight is in muscle. I am not as concerned about an ending body weight as I am about clothes size. I started Atkins at a 12-14 clothes size, and I have worked my way down to a large 8. Ultimately, I would like to end up a firm size 6. In recent weeks, I have been spending 1½-2 hours a day in the gym, 5-6 days a week. At first, I saw rapid weight loss, but I have not seen the scale budge in 2 weeks. I was hoping Body for Life could help me get to my desired size… better yet, in a 6 by the holidays.

My other concern is the eating... I know I can get in the 6 meals, but I think the main reason I have had success on Atkins is that I can dine out with my boyfriend and friends while staying on the plan. I have failed miserably countless times on Weight Watchers because I couldn’t enjoy meals out and stay on track. Would I still be able to dine out while doing Body for Life?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Sponsored Links