View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Apr-03-05, 11:13

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I started this post because of the woman that eats lard and animal fat as a main stay.Look at what she eats....dare you to eat this way and say its wonderful.Weather healthy or not!

If you're talking about the article on the Optimal Diet in the Media forum, you might want to check it again. Nowhere in the article does it say exactly what the woman interviewed eats on a daily basis. The breakfast menu presented is the reporter's version of what the diet is like.
Was that an accurate depiction? Not from what I've read, but the article is designed to make you assume that this is how the woman interviewed eats and jump to exactly the types of conclusions that you are jumping to. Remember...journalists keep portraying the Atkins diet as the "all-you-can-eat bacon and cheeseburger diet". If I went by what reporters said about low carbing without actually getting the facts myself, I doubt that I even would have considered low carbing in the first place.

As Benjamin Franklin once said..."Don't believe anything you hear and only about half of what you read." which is right up there with "Trust, but verify".

Quote:
I am glad you are the only people right so now what we can do is start feeding our babies like this as soon as they start eating because 15+percent of children are obese.

Are 15% + of children obese because their parents are feeding them animal fat and lard? Nope. 15% and more of children are obese because their parents are feeding them chips, cookies, sugary breakfast cereal, Pop Tarts, Pizza, McDonalds, juice by the gallon and all manner of junk food high in refined carbohydrates and sugar...but by golly it's low in fat!
Personally, I don't think it would be a terrible thing to keep sugar away from children and feed them a high fat diet instead (along with plenty of vegetables, adequate protein and some fruits). After all..children up to the age of 3 have much higher fat requirements than even we do because they need it for proper brain development. Parents who try to restrict fat intake before that age are doing their kids a huge disservice. If you feel that they're getting too chubby, how about switching those Snackwell cookies and Scooby-Do fruit snacks for some carrots and sour cream dip and taking them to the park to play a little more often?