#62   ^
Old Sat, Apr-02-05, 17:58

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygirl
how do you research a opinion?And i am saying that if I came up with a new diet I would use someone a little more....well lets say.....healthy looking

Opinions are usually based on things that we have read or heard which may or may not be accurate. It seems that your opinion is that a high fat diet is uhealthy, but what is that opinion based on?
We have been told for years that dietary fat = unhealthy, but really there is little to no scientific evidence to back that up unless we are talking about transfats.
The high fat = heart disease hypothesis also has little to no scientific evidence to back it up because, unsurprisingly, the diets of the study particpants were also in nearly every study high in refined carbohydrate products which leaves us to ponder whether it was the high fat content or the high refined carbohydrate content which was responsible for the study results.
Studies that have been done on high fat (75% +) in the absence of high carbs have shown, to the astonishment of some of the researchers, that cardiac profiles did not get worse as they expected; they got better.

I guess it all comes down to this: eat in a way that seems healthiest to you. If the thought of a high fat diet makes you gag, don't follow one. OTOH, if another person finds a high fat intake the best thing since sliced bread (literally in our case ) why get your knickers in a knot because they feel well and remain healthy following it?