View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 15:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/242/145 Female 5 feet 4 in
BF:way too much
Progress: 14%
Default not quite legal

I made this last night to raves from my family, but there is some cornstarch in it, not much, and I still had lost weight this am.

1 to 1-1/2 lbs. top sirloin
1/3 c. soy sauce
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 clove garlic, diced small or pressed
4 Tbsp. olive oil
couple shakes of salt
1/2 tsp. granulated onion (not onion salt)
1 can beef broth
2 stalks broccoli

Mix the soy sauce and cornstarch together in a large bowl. Cut the top sirloin into thin strips, then again into bite-sized pieces. Place in the bowl with the soy sauce/cornstarch mixture. Toss a few times before cooking.

Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces and place in another bowl.

Heat the oil and garlic till hot. Add the meat and all the juice (scrape the bowl!). I use a wok, but a large skillet will work also. Stir fry the meat till done, shaking on the spices as it cooks. Remove from the wok/skillet into a clean bowl.

Add most of the beef broth to the wok and heat till hot. Add the broccoli and cook till almost done. Then add the meat back in and stir to get the cornstarch mixture to thicken the juices already in the wok. Can add more broth at this point, or save for another use. Cook until broccoli is as done as you want it.

My DH likes to eat this over rice, but my daughter and I had it without, but with some thick slices of homegrown beefsteak tomatoes, yum!

sorry, didn't figure out the carb count yet. This is a very easy dish to make, even with all the cutting and chopping and tastes wonderful.