#4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 14:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Carol, welcome!

First up, I'd like to congratulate you on losing 24% of your weight. You are actually doing quite well! Yes, I know it seems slow and I also know (believe me, I know!) just how frustrating it can be when you want to lose as quickly as Dr Atkins seems to promise.
You see, you don't have a huge amount to lose, and the folk in Dr A's book who lose massive amounts are usually folks who start at a much heavier weight. It seems to be that we lose proportionally to the amount we have to lose. In fact we can expect to lose 10% during Induction, then maybe 5 to 10% per month after that. So you see you are right on course.

Having said that, how about starting a journal here and posting your actual food intake? That way we can more easily assess what's happening.

I'd be very reluctant to jump straight into the fat fast. That should be kept for the metabolically resistant. You definitely don't fall into that category.
On this site, we define a stall as no weight or inches lost over six weeks.

About the Atkins bars - I was going to warn you away from them! Many (not all) folk are stalled by low carb bars. They contain "hidden" carbs, known as sugar alcohols. For more info on them, check "The truth about low carb sweeteners info" to the right of the screen.
I had fierce sweet cravings at first, but found they were controlled by taking L-Gutamine. Now I have absolutely no cravings, even for chocolate - and I was the world's worst chocoholic!

All the best to you, matey.

Rosebud