View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 13:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/128/120
BF:
Progress: 77%
Thumbs up to carol

Hang in there! Watch out for hidden sugars- you may not be aware either that Diet sodas contain Aspartame, which can slow weight loss in some people- try Diet Rite, no aspartame and still tastes good. I started Atkins in June and lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks. In total I have lost 27 pounds now- so, it can be done. The weight loss does slow down here and there, but try adding more exercise in. I hit a plateau at 135 lbs, but started a different type of exercise and the weight started to drop again. Everybody loses at a different rate- so don't get discouraged. Check in your Atkins book about why you aren't losing weight- they offer a variety of reasons that you may not be losing and some helpful ways of getting past that. Also, assess the carbs that you are eating. Remember- with Atkins you should be getting your carbs entirely from veggies the first 2 weeks. If you crave the sweets, like I do, try the Atkins Advantage bars- the chocolate peanut butter ones are to die for. Good luck!!!