#26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 15:50

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cygirl
My point was totally takin wrong.I too like the Atkins,Southbeach diets and I eat this way with a couple of differences but i am not convinced that my health would be better if i was eating 4 times the amount of fat daily that i am now.If you take a look at the posts in the (lc/research) and watch the vidio these people are NOT doing SB or Atkins they are eating huge amounts of fat.65% of their diet is fat.

Cygirl, one thing to consider is that you are only 120 pounds. I doubt you would have an easy time eating 6 eggs dripping in lard. Those who are over 300 pounds could possibly eat 6 eggs w/liberal butter for breakfast.

As far as the percentages ... 65% fat is most certainly within following Atkins as well as Protein Power, depending on the stage of that plan the individual is in.

Atkins induction's fat percentage is around 70%, decreases as one adds more carbs.

That percentage isn't as bad as it sounds. I stopped keeping track (became too obsessed with Fitday.com), but I'm probably around 60-65% fat, strictly by cooking my eggs in butter, using a couple of T of butter on my broccoli, frying bacon in olive oil, using olive oil based dressing on my salad, eating a 1 oz. cheese stick....I'm VERY satisfied with my weight loss and my new found energy/health.

Quote:
Abd....the reason you are in better health is not becuase you eat great amounts of fat it is because you have lost the weight.
Most health problems i beleive are because people cant put their forks down.

That doesn't explain relief of my unhealthy symptoms ... I experienced relief within the first week of this WOE, before a substantial amount of weight came off.

I've lost weight in my younger years very quickly in unhealthy ways (starving), and though I was a "skinny" person, I still had no energy, heartburn, reflux, unhealthy bowel movements, etc. The last time I was 160 pounds, my BP was 170/90......I'm 179 as of this morning, checked my BP yesterday -- 140/80.

Though weight alone CAN by all means provide some corrections to some health problems, it isn't enough by itself, especially if the weight was lost in an unhealthy manner.

If this WOE was truly unhealthy, we wouldn't be seeing testimonials of the correction of health problems....skinny or obese.