#22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-05, 15:06

Plan: Maintenance (PPLP)
Stats: 216/131/140 Female 5 feet, 5 inches
BF:48.79/21.19/23
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd
But, really, the research is limited. It's amazing how stuck so many so-called experts got on the low-fat gospel, without there being the kind of careful research that is needed to tease out the complexities of human nutrition.

This is one of the most interesting concepts I found on the LC WOL.

For years, I've thought that the good Lord above must have designed a better way to lose weight and eat healthy that technology simply hadn't discovered yet.

The low fat gospel just doesn't seem reasonable -- we have to starve to lose weight this way, and the results just aren't that fufilling. Everything that tastes "good" is a no no in a low fat diet. I've seen many, like myself, that have teetered over into an obese weight, and reasonably feel a sence of doom -- many have turned to gastric bypasses because losing weight in the only way that mainstream science has promoted has proven time and time again to be near impossible.

To me, LC makes sense. It allows our bodies to do the work, as it should, and is physically and mentally fufilling. Its healthy and it WORKS.