View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 10:33

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Let me know...

if you do read the book. What I found interesting was that some foods I would eat that just didn't set well in my stomach (besides the obvious ones like wheat) ended up being on his list of 'avoids' for my blood type. ei cashews. they are ok on a low-carb diet but I still don't eat them because they upset my stomach. If I could go back, I would make a list of those types of foods, THEN read the book to see if there was any merit to it. (or maybe you don't have any foods that make you feel unwell, or tired, etc) The placebo effect comes in to play with most everything, I think, and recent studies are showing that. Our sub-conscious is more involved than we think!

Also, while separating groups by blood type may be too broad, at least he is looking at the fact that everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to our environment, including the food we eat. In other words, one size does not fit all. I'm sure it's WAY more involved than the 4 blood types, but I saw it as a starting place, to be tweaked by my own experience.

I don't pay much attention to MD's slamming other MD's, I made that mistake with Dr. Atkins. I can make up my own mind by my own experience. What works for some will not work for others. We all have to find our own healthy path, which takes lots of studying, an open mind and patience! IMHO.

Good luck in your quest!

Amy