View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 08:50

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: what's with "eat right 4 your blood type"?

Quote:
Originally posted by hugo
One omy my friends told me that it works for me because I'm blood type O, but that it won't for here because she's blood type A. Apparently this is from the afore mentioned book. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

Well, as Blood Type A I am supposed to be a vegetarian

From the HealthCare Reality Check By Tim Gorski, MD:
Quote:
Could someone get away with claiming that your blood type determines what you should be eating and how you should be exercising in order to be healthy? Sadly, "Naturopathic physician" Peter J. D'Adamo has written a book that asserts exactly that. Such is the craze for "secrets" of good health that physicians "don't want their patients to know" that such an absurd idea can not only gain an audience but that the book in question, Eat Right 4 Your Type, is a February alternate selection for the Book-of-the-Month Club. And if he can succeed with this awesome nonsense, "Dr." D'Adamo can get to work on sequels that might explain how people can "eat right" for their Rh factors and the rest of their red cell antigens, not to mention their HLA types, hemoglobin electrophoresis profiles, and maybe even their genotypes and the residual vibrations of their ancestors' genotypes even if they didn't get them by heredity!

The sober conclusion to be drawn, though, is that many people remain woefully uninformed about the most elementary facts relating to their lives and health. People who would scoff at a proposal that a car's paint color determines what sort of gasoline or oil should be used for the vehicle or that a home's exterior brickwork determines how the furniture inside should be arranged are nevertheless apparently willing to consider this particular delusion.

Nat