Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 22:35
Lobstergal

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Please keep in mind that I haven't done atkins but have learned alot about it just from being here on this forum.

I like SBD because I don't have to count carbs!! I just follow the food lists and How To Adapt Your Meal PLan chart. I eat alot of veggies each day, some fruit and nuts, some whole grains and alot of fish, chicken& turkey breast and red meat about once a week! I have huge variety in my meals and I haven't stalled yet in 11 months. I have slowed down but figured out why and was able to make corrections to get back to loosing an average of 2 lbs a week!

Many people on atkins stay at induction levels of carbs and are afraid to move to OWL phase, which is phase II on SBD. Many stall because of this. I found out what it means to go into OWL phase and found that I'd have even more counting in that phase than before. Thats scary to me because I don't want to have to be a mathematician to be on a food plan. I'm sure that plenty of people have done this successfully but I know that I would fall apart with that much required tracking of everything I put into my mouth.

On a more personal note, I just don't like to eat saturated fat as a large percentage of my diet....
Does this make sense to you?

Yes it makes a lot of sense to me and I feel much like you do on everything you have said.