View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-28-05, 10:31

Plan: yes
Stats: 14/14/14 Female 20
BF:
Progress: 101%

I've got to go with nowonder here. I did induction for three weeks and then moved onto OWL. It removed the guilt from me when I knew my salads were bigger than the recommended 2 cups. I've been steadily climbing the carb ladder in OWL and am still very much consistently losing weight (down another 2.5 pounds last week). I still wouldn't say I get tons of carbs in a day, but I don't fret when I hit 30 or more. This whole way of eating is a process. There will be a stopping point, but OWL (ongoing weight loss) is to help you add back in some varied healthy foods while still losing weight, just not at the dramatic rate of induction. Then, there's pre-maintenance, which is where you should head when you're within 10 pounds of goal. I realize using that logic, I should be in pre-maintenance as well, but I'm still climbing the carb ladder, trying to find my CCL and then I'll be in that phase -- I'm not hurrying through it... but I do intend to do all four phases to guarantee my success and retain my health.

Good luck on your personal journey.
d.