#17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 15:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default I think it's because...

Hello Michelle,

I've been reading a few different books. CALP, Atkins, Mastering the Zone, Protein Power and I just picked up Suzanne Somers' "Somersizing" last night. I am just so curious about how the programs are different. Somersizing seems to not be LC but what she calls "food combining". I think all the books are interesting and probably work.

It got me thinking and (since I'm new to LC'ing) it finally hit me, or sunk in, the reason why we NEED to eat and get the calories. So that our bodies don't think we are in starvation mode and hang on to our fat. I guess that's why we lose more when we eat more, at least I've found and that might be why you did. At least that's my pea brain assessment.

You probably already know that. I feel like I'm the last to figure things out- at least I eventually do. I just couldn't see why I needed to eat, eat and eat some more. But now I do. It's so hard with the big cravings gone. But I wouldn't recomment getting your calories from sweets. Stick to the plan, you will feel better in the long run. - BTW, I haven't had a headache since I started taking my supplements. Are you taking yours?

Good luck!
Carianne