View Single Post
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 04:25
Beatrix Kiddo

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/184/160 Female 164
BF:?/41/
Progress: 63%

My old body is very happy it has not been taken skiing on this trip – the sudden burst of action with swimming and running is quite enough to make it ache with soreness.

I ran 3K a minute faster than yesterday: 21:44 – that’s actually not too bad.

It’s been a long time since I’ve run on a threadmill but I still can’t wrap my mind around the differences in speed between road running and stationary running. I run so much faster IRL. I would absolutely have thought it was the other way around – no wind, no distractions and a constant aids in maintaining pace.

I know my route measurements at home are accurate – I’ve measured them in three different ways including a very respected one online.

So I really can’t explain it – the 10km/h pace that’s needed to run 5K in 30 minutes is a speed I can sustain no longer than the last 250 meters on the threadmill and yet I know I’ve run that pace IRL – not for 5K but for almost 4. Strange.

Between my morning and pre-lunch swims I managed 1000 meters. I do not time my swims. Times are always impossible to compare because of differing pool lengths – this one is 20 meters so I’ve swum 50 lanes.