#14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 18:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 238/199/165 Female 71"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareny
Clothing size is so hard for people to tell... at my current height (5'11") I just hit size 12, at about 190 pounds (I'm fluctuating from 187-190 as my morning weigh-in this week). At 225 pounds, I was a size 18. I remember telling one of my coworkers at size 16 how much I'd love to be a 12, which she thought I was at the time. (Maybe she was just being nice?)

Now I'm at a 12 and am starting to get a lot of "skinny" comments... can't wait to see what I look like when I'm no longer overweight and get rid of all this annoying tummy/butt weight by exercising! I do think 12 on a tall girl isn't all that bad at all.

The fun thing about 12 is it suddenly takes me into "normal" stores in New York... before, Old Navy was about the only place I could find decent clothes in my size. Now suddenly much more of H&M is an option. If by any miracle I ever make my wide hips fit an 8 (doubtful), then all the trendy boutiques downtown will be available...

Oh, I set my goal weight just under what's considered the upper edge of "normal" weight for my height. Once I hit 180 I'm no longer considered medically overweight. So I'd like to hit that and go slightly below. I don't really want to be super-skinny, but healthy would be nice. Once I get there I'll see how my body looks and make up my mind if I want to work to lose more weight, or just start working to maintain that.

We're the same height and I just made it past the 200 mark. My 14's are just beginning to feel a bit loose and I was thinking another ten pounds and I'd be squarely in a 12. Nice to hear that I'm on the right track.

I can't decide what my goal should be. I have a very large frame size. I had my elbow breadth measured properly and it is way past the large frame cut-off. A little over 2.5 inches is considered large frame for my height. Mine is closer to 3.25! I'm guessing that makes it Extra Large. I put my goal as 165 but I'm not even sure if that would be attainable or desireable. 175 may look much better on me. I like the way my body was when I was about 19-20 but I didn't start weighing myself until I felt like I was getting too big, so I don't know how much I weighed when I was happy.

I was talking with a friend who has no idea how much I weigh. She knows I'm losing weight but not the numbers. I told her I had no idea what weight I should aim for and she said 145 sounds about right for my height. I nearly fell over. I'd be emaciated at 145!

For those interested in the frame size thing: http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html