View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-25-05, 14:31

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
I can handle a serving of dreamfields (which I believe is 3/4 of a cup or so cooked)

A serving of Dreamfield's is 1/2 cup cooked which isn't a lot if you measure it (no packing the measuring cup, either ).
I agree with Dina and Nancy on this. Until you get your blood sugars under better control, it would be best to leave all the low carb products alone and stick with whole, unprocessed foods only (meat, veggies, eggs, cheese, etc..).
You need to have a baseline against which you can compare your reactions to new foods so if you start out including them in your menus, you won't have a real idea how they affect you compared to a regular low carb meal.
Any way you look at it, a 50+ point spike after a meal is fairly significant; I know I wouldn't be too pleased with a result like that.
I make dishes using Dreamfields for my family 1-2 times a week; they can't tell it from regular high-carb pasta, but I only eat it myself maybe once every few weeks. Then again, I wasn't a huge fan of pasta before low carb, either.