View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 19:28

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default High Fructose Corn Syrup (good or bad)

OK, so my question is about Hight Fructose Corn Syrup. This is contained in many drinks, like ALL non-diet soft drinks, Snapple, many drinks.....I know that during the carb-up fruits are not optimum carbohdrate source caus' fructose is slowy digested and more likely to goto liver instead of repleninshing muscles. But what about HFCS??? I am avoiding this caus of that, but are these things really similar to fructose?

ALso, GAtorade has something that is like Sucrose-Fructose syrup as an ingrediant. What the h~ll is that? So should I avoid this too??

Basically my point is, I want to have good carb-up's, but seeing as how damn boring the week is, there is no way in hell that I will get all my calories from Sweet Tarts and Smarties!!!! So I want to be 'good' but how bad are these things?

PS I already eat breakfast cereal (I noticed that Kellogs 'Magiks' ceral, or something like that has the highest sugar content per carbohydrate content, it is the one with Mickey Mouse in a blue magician robe with magical stars everywhere) Also Low Fat Pop tarts, I get frozen yogurt at TCBY (98% fat free of course) I also throw back some Starbucks Frapuccionos, and some other foods. And the Entimans fat free things, those are golden.
Sponsored Links