#2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 18:25
Registered Member

Plan: Modified 'BODYOPUS'
Stats: 238/212/200
BF:22%/11%/7%
Progress: 68%

Quote:
My biggest question is - can all the workouts be done in the morning? My wife works in the evenings so i dont really wanna drag 3 kids to the gym. I am a morning person so getting up early enough to workout before work wont be a problem.

-That's perfectly fine.

Quote:
Also what kinds of foods do most of you eat on the weekends?

-Check out this thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=51467

-Note: That thread entails foods, that ... well, they're 'O.K.' to have during a carb load... but not exactly IDEAL. I believe I have stumbled across the 'perfect carb load' (if you want to be really meticulous about your carb-load) and it looks something like this-

Meals 1-4: liquid simple sugars (Ultra Fuel) with added soluble
protein (Whey protein, like 'Designer' or something).

Meals 5-8: liquid simple sugars and solid high GI carbs (i.e. corn flakes)
More ultra fuel with Designer protein. Some type of grain cereal cereal. All are high in sugars so I'm not sure if corn flakes would be exceedingly better than Lucky Charms as long as the amounts were equal.

Meals 9-12: starches with liquid simple sugars
Ultra fuel/designer for liquids
baked potatos, rice, whole wheat bread for starches, you could probably get away with higher GI foods like rice cakes and grain type bars this early in the carb up since insulin sensitivity is still high.

Second 24 hours:
Meals 1-4: more solid carbs and proteins
rice or potatoes and chicken or tuna would be good starch choice.

Meals 5-8: relatively normal food (rice, potatoes, pasta)
Still sticking with rice/potatoes etc.

Meals 9-12: high GI liquid carbs
Revert back to Ultra fuel with protein powder

-Note: I have this saved and I'm not too sure who wrote it (I believe it was Lyle McDonald)- I'm not taking credit for it; rather, just sharing it with everyone.