View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 16:28

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Gracie....you're absolutely right. I've seen people who try to low carb on 800-1,000 calories a day and it scares me. Most people who try that have no idea what they are doing to their bodies or their metabolisms, but many are not very happy when told that they need to eat more than that. I can imagine that they are thinking "are you crazy? I can't even lose on 1,000 calories a day. What's going to happen if I raise it to 2,000?". What's likely to happen is that yes, they may gain a few pounds at first, but they will hopefully also begin to heal their metabolisms so that they will no longer need to starve themselves to lose weight. This board is about more than just weight loss. It's also about eating healthy for life and having a healthy attitude towards food. I'm very grateful for all the support and advice that I've received here even if I haven't always agreed with it. The mods, admins and mentors put in a lot of hours of their own time to help others succeed and sometimes get beat up for doing it. Sometimes you just have to take the good and ignore the rest, but I never do that without at least considering that the person giving advice just might be right and I just might be wrong.