#12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 02:15
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Morning!
First, what's your name, woman? Kinda funny having to call you ANew all the time,

I see you are limiting your cardio to an hour or less.....that's wise. And even better to split it up with 2-3 machines, as you work your body a bit differently with each. And it seems you are doing 60min of cardio on some days, and only 20-30 on weights days? I think that's good, too. My only suggestion there would be to just do the 5-10min cardio warmup and then weights, and then maybe 20-30min more cardio. Better to save your strength and stamina for lifting, so you can give it your all, and THEN maybe some cardio after, if you feel up to it.

The resistance exercises she had you do are great......personally, I don't do lunges because they hurt my knees.......I prefer squats. But whatever you like....they'll both work your legs!

Funny, your last workout (Friday's), which you called "taking it a bit easy", is actually what I'd suggest be your norm. 30min cardio, 15min weights, perfect!

On my weights days, I do 45m of lifting, and then later maybe 30min of cardio. That's twice a week. Then 2 more days of cardio, on the off days, 45m per session. (I have a special weights day once a week, that lasts 75-90min....not a great idea cortisol wise, but oh well.)

Anyway, in general, I think your program looks good. It's a bit more than some beginners would start with, but not overly ambitious. You have to see how you feel. If you start feeling chronically sore and tired, then you might be overtraining, which will suppress your immune system and make you feel like crap. If this happens, then I'd suggest reducing down to cardio 3 days, and of those day, 2-3 for weights, and give yourself more rest days.

The most important thing, though, is to keep it "fun" enough so that you go regularly!!

Now that I've got you in my subscribed threads, I'll be sure to come by and bug you, hee hee...lucky you
-Lisa