View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 06:15

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up Doing CAD with 10 year old son

Hi everyone. Just had to get on this thread!

My 10 year old son started doing CAD last monday (it'll be one week tomorrow.) He wasn't happy, at first, as the insulin response was making him hungry... I told him "Give it three days and see how you feel."

He is doing great! Went to the fridge this AM and got himself a snack of rolled ham. He drinks tons of water (good boy!) and told me after day 3 "I want to keep eating like this." He's lost 4.5 lbs in this week alone. I know some of that is water, but he's thrilled and so am I.

I really like CAD for kids because it elminiates the "what to do about lunch" question I read earlier. The kids at school need to know NOTHING about what my son is doing. He has opted to make his reward meal his lunch so he can have a "regular" lunch at school and not let on to anyone that he's on a special eating plan. They'll just be noticing the pounds dropping off and a slimmer, healthier boy appearing.

The CAD also helps them have that "treat" so they don't feel deprived. He had ice cream with lunch yesterday. Not something I'd recommend every day, but if he really wants it, I don't have to stand there and say "NO!". He likes yogurt and can have one cup a day, with this WOE.

This is something he can stick with and he's enjoying it! ALSO, he already said, yesterday, that he can't believe his need for snacking has practially disappeared! PTL.

Try this eating plan for your kids, if they are struggling with Atkins or one of the other low carb plans. It seems to be working well with my son.

Jeannie