Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 16:20

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%
Default Re: 10X "guideline" is not Atkins

Quote:
Originally posted by Isabel
It's great that following this "guideline" works for some folks but it is not one of the principles of the Atkins plan.

Let's be clear about that.

Isabel,

I am really unsure of what has gone wrong here but I don't recall anyone stating the 10x-12x guideline had anything to do with the Atkin's diet.

I believe the reason so many of us quote that guideline stems from so many new people coming on to the forums from low fat-low calorie diets and then switching to a low carb plan. So many have been brainwashed that low fat/low calorie is the way to go, so in order for us to get the new people over this problem is to quote the 10-12x body weight guideline in order to let new people know it is okay to eat.

I personally have seen people eating 800 calories a day having a tremendious problem of upping their calorie intake.

I am really sorry you have taken such an offense at this, and I really don't know what else to say about it. If it doesn't work for you by all means don't follow it. For the majority it works just fine.

Every moderator, and mentor on this forum volunteers their time and experience to help others move forward in their weight loss.

Again I am really sorry this whole subject has you upset, it was never my intention to do so, I was merely answering someone else's inquiry.

Best regards
Janet