View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-01, 17:36

Plan:
Stats: 225/182/ 140
BF:
Progress:
Talking

Hi! Felling much better now. Doreen, you hit the nail on the head. I was eating the classic white flour/sugar diet and I did go cold turkey to the induction diet. I realize now that not only was I drinking caffinated iced tea, but not enough fluids all around. I know this wasn't strictly related to the Atkins diet, although I've never been on a diet that caused so much diuresis. I couldn't believe it. Even thought they felt at the ER that I was dehydrated (and I did get better with IV fluids) I still used the toilet at least 9 times in a 4 hour visit. Maybe I just have a little pea-bladder!
I did wonder if some of the symptoms could have been anxiety/panic related. I take meds for anxiety, but this was quite a different feeling. I was really quite calm about the whole thing until I started vomiting and my 14 yr old dau called 911. THEN I got a little worried. I guess this is a good lesson for everyone. Make sure your'e drinking enough NON CAFFIENE fluids (like water, for instance) and if you do develop more severe probs, get it checked out. I was just glad the ER didn't lecture me about the diet itself. They felt that if it was diet related, that with precautions, after I saw my doctor, I could start the diet again. I just didn't feel up to quoting research studies about the un-healthiness of low fat diets while I was laying there.
Thank again for the advice everyone and have a great day!

Connie