View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 12:52

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

I feel your pain about grad school. I think the application process was the worst four months of my life. Other stresses were involved but even by itself it's the worst. Is there any way you can just apply for a PhD program without applying for the master's program? At Brown, e.g., I applied for the combined MA/PhD program (5-6 yrs) and I don't have to worry about applying to another school in one year, after my first year of MA. I don't know if this works for all majors, but I'm pretty sure it works for most of the humanities and social sciences. Any school that has a PhD program probably would let you do that. Of course, I could be talking through my hat, since I didn't research anything except my own major. But if you didn't notice (how could you not!) I am one of those people who is always and forever giving unsolicited advice. So just ignore it if you want!!!

I totally ate too much today! I don't think I overdid the carbs, just the calories. And it's only 2:45!

I definitely agree that feeding the fish is an enjoyable activity. However, in Greece anyway, eating the fish can be an equally enjoyable activity!! The best fish I've ever had would be Greek swordfish, or maybe crunchy kalamarakia right out of the sea.....mmmm.....there's a Whole Foods supermarket in town, and they sell fresh calamari and it occurred to me that I could learn how to make it. I went to look at it and it was so gross...well, I'll just keep getting it at the Greek restaurant. I wish I could get over my distaste for raw meat. I really don't like fishing things out of chickens. I'm much happier with a safe can of tuna fish

Oh well, I suppose my culinary habits will mature with practice and time.

Have a lovely afternoon, Heidi!
Heidi (heehee, I love that)