View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 10:03

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sorry all, but I've had a busy week with company from out of town and hadn't had a chance to get back to this thread.

Further reading and searching of the latest edition of DANDR, and I came up with the following:

From the "Rules of Induction" on page 123:
Quote:
5. Eat nothing that is not on the acceptable foods list. And that means absolutely nothing! Your "just this one taste won't hurt" rationalization is the kiss of failure during this phase of Atkins.

Then, still in the "Rules of Induction" on page 129:
Quote:
Although it is important that you eat primarily unprocessed foods, some controlled carb food products can come in handy when you are unable to find appropriate food, can't take time for a meal or need a quick snack. As I mentioned earlier, more and more companies are creating healthy food products that can be eaten during the Induction phase of Atkins. Just remember two things:

1. Not all convenience food products are the same, so check labels and carbohydrate content. I can vouch for any product carrying the Atkins brand name!

2. While any of these foods can make doing Atkins easier, don't overdo it. Remember, you must always follow the Rules of Induction.

So, my new understanding is that "Keto" products are in fact allowed on Induction within the above boundaries set by Atkins. In spite of that, anecdotal information gathered on this forum indicates that use of those products slows and stalls many of us. Others are able to enjoy them with no ill effects. Go ahead and use them if that is your choice, with the codicil YMMV.

Marlaine