#7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 22:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/210/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:39.5/38.8/25
Progress: 35%
Default Thanks

I really appreciated all your helpful thoughts, suggestions and support. I had a really bad afternoon - where I screamed at my sweet little boy & threw his highchair half-way across the room I can't wait for this nightmare to end!! At least it is now the weekend and my husband will be available to help me get through the day, and then it will only be 2 more days until I can see my Psychatrist and my MH counselor.

I like the idea of adding some fruits and more veges - I've been missing my fruit. I went ahead and had 1/2 cup of raspberries today, as well as one piece of spelt bread w/ almond butter. For this evening, I'm adding 1/2 cup of soy ice cream to my 8oz steak.

I appreciate your suggestions to focus on getting emotionally stable first . . . I just hate to give up LCing if it isn't part of the problem. I'll work on eating more balanced meals throughout the day & stop carb counting for now. Then I think I'll discuss Atkins & LCing with my Psychatrist & Counselor next week.

I also agree that it doesn't feel right to trust the ER Psychatrist - I even told her so when she suggested that I go on Lithium and Thorazene! YIKES Because it was my 3rd trip to the ER, I think she was grasping at straws . . . I hate Kaiser . . . I so wish I could go to Providence and speak with a triage nurse at least!

Anyway - thanks for letting me vent & for offering your support. I wish all of you the best in your pursuit of health.