Thread: Still confused
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 21:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I think that the answer might have been to do "some higher carbs" when you felt sick, rather than Much higher carbs. The initial carb withdrawal symptoms can include weakness, dizziness, fatigue, lassitude and even muscle pain and headache. Adding either potassium, calcium and magnesium, or just 5 - 10 grams more of the allowed carbs has almost magic effects on all those symptoms.

Induction may be too strict a regime for you. But I hope you kept to veggies for most of your carbs. If you went to starches and sugars, then you are back where you started from.

You might want to look into the book called Protein Power Plan. It is an offshoot of Atkins but it starts you at either 35 or 55 grams of protein per day, depending on how much yoy need to lose. Those levels may suit you better. And that's the important thing: find what suits you and your body.

There are a number of LC plans represented on this board. Look to the right of this thread for "Which LC plan is right for me" and go and read. I hope it helps.