View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 11:38

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Lightbulb Dr. S lists multiple reasons why you should stop...

....in her book.

But you have to decide what's right for you. It's not just the carb count in any given "forbidden" food. It's the other things that, per Dr. S, make them bad for us.

The sugar and caffeine are the big ones I understand, even if it's low in sugar compared to regular dark chocolate.

I was an accomplished chocolatier, so I fully understand your consternation over this issue. I gave up thousands of dollars worth of imported chocolate and chocolatiering equipment when I stared in Feb. It was worth it, and of all things, chocolate is the ONE thing that I have had ZERO cravings or desire to eat! Thanks to the Lord!

If you can't give it up, then don't. Like Karen says in her sig, "Progress, not perfection." But just keep in mind that it still has a hold on you if you are unable to give it up.

And it could actually stall you. Our bodies are all different. I am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners and wheat. One packet of any AS or more than a serving of any wheat product will not only stall me, but send the cravings through the roof, setting me up for a fall. Of course, YMMV.

I find that when I have more cheese, I tend not to lose as fast, but I understand that and am prepared for whatever happens.

If you can, try not eating that one square for a week or two and not changing anything else and see what happens. Then you'll know. Best wishes.