#4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 08:23

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default paxil

Hi --

I was on Paxil, an SSRI-type anti depressant similar to Prozac. I think it engendered weight gain before I was a LCer, and I think it caused me to plateau for several weeks after I started LCing. When I took myself off it I started losing weight again.

Of course I am a depressed mess now. There are lots of anti-depressant medications, and not all of them are of the SSRI variety. Some, as another poster mentioned, are of the "natural" or supplement (non-prescription) variety.

One thing though, none of us here are capable of diagnosing your problem and recommending treatment. If you are not already seeing a physician and/or psychiarist for these issues you might want to think about it. S/he can counsel you on both the weight and the depression issues.

Of course I am not one to talk here -- I took myself off the depression medication, am in-between primary care physicians, and have never seen a psychiatrist (I do peripatetically see a licensed practical social worker; as you probably know, psychiatrists are also medical doctors, whereas psychologists and other mental health care professionals are not).

So, in short, I should take my own advice . . .

Hope this helps -- RA Harris