View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 00:27

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Heidi,
Okay I promise after this I will get off the computer and go to sleep. But I just have to agree--we have a ton in common!! When you're ready to start exercising, let's try to motivate each other. I have tons of equipment (if you want a run-down, check out my journal under K-L) and of course it doesn't do a whole lot if you don't use it. I put my exercise stuff in my bedroom for two reasons: 1) it's the only room with air conditioning, and I cannot live without AC, and 2) if it's in front of my face, I'm more likely to do it. It does make my bedroom a little cramped, and my boyfriend made a comment about how it doesn't look very romantic, but hey, it's all for the best.

One thing about exercising that seems to hold true for me is that if I stop doing it for one day, I'll never start again. When I started working out, one of the things I did every day was go for a walk. Well that was fine for about 10 days, and then it was very hot outside, so I didn't go. And guess what? It's cooled down, but I haven't walked since then! So I am extremely careful not to skip a day. Most people say working out 7 days a week is too much, and I completely understand their point, but if I don't work out every day, I'll never pick up after a day off. I just know it. So I've worked out every doggone day for the past 30 days (although I do have light days that are just cardio) and that is officially the longest time in my whole life (if you don't count mandatory gym class) that I have been active! I'm not sure it helps with weight loss, because you build muscle, but it does help with fat loss, which is all that really matters.

And as for papers...no...I don't want to think about papers!! But if you are suffering, I should tell you that when my brother and I were in high school we had this thing we called The Theory of Infinite Procrastination, which says that "No matter how much you put something off, you'll still get it done by the time it's due." It is absolutely true and never fails.

Ok, bedtime. I'm staying up too late and getting up too late, and I need to change my sleeping habits. It's like I'm jet-lagged!

If you want to email me it's heidifbr~hotmail.com, or AIM me at Heidi20002 (with three zeroes). I am sure I'll be on this forum too because I am becoming addicted to it!

Night-night,
Heidi