View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 18:04

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi Heidi,
That's so cool that you're in Boston--I'm in Providence I'm starting this PhD program in Classics at Brown, and it all starts next week, so I am VERY nervous. What's your field? Two majors, a minor, and a program. Sheesh.

I totally understand about the boyfriend. Mine doesn't live with me, (he lives in NYC) but he visits every weekend. He's also a good cook, and he's from Greece and cooks delicious and very high-carb Greek food. I had to put a stop to that recently, (I only started LC-ing three weeks ago) and I miss it. He's very supportive, especially since he didn't see me for two weeks, and when he finally saw me, I weighed 10 lbs less, and he said he could tell. I can't tell, of course! but it was great when he said "Wow!"

The hardest thing for me is staying with my exercise program. I've never worked out seriously before in my life! I'm doing cardio and weights, and I definitely prefer the weights. I hate the icky sweaty breathless cardio feeling.

The thing that made me do this was 1) I realized I've never weighed this much in my life and it scared me 2) I was worried about my health because diabetes runs in my family and 3) next summer Brown is letting me spend the summer traveling around Greece--which includes the beach!!! and I want to lose my weight by the time I go there, which should be end of May, 2003. So that gives me like nine more months to lose...gasp... seventy pounds. Yikes. If I can lose about eight a month, I can do it. That's a lot, but even if I can't , as long as I stick with it, I'll be lighter than I am now.

When did you start Atkins this time? I've only been doing Protein Power for three weeks, but it's starting to get a little boring. And--this is a good question for a fellow student: Did you notice when you started LC-ing that your grocery bills went up a lot? I used to spend like $50/month on food, now it's $50/week. Aaaahhh!

hmmm I've rambled a bit. Well I hope you have a good weekend too!

Heidi