View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 16:14

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%

I think the worst flaw in the 10-12 guideline is: What is one to do on the way down the scale?

Say I start off consuming 2500 calories per day because my start weight is 250. I lose 125 pounds and arrive at my goal weight 125. Now, I must adjust to eating over a thousand less calories per day. I have trained myself to eat a lot during my months of removing the weight, and I have enjoyed eating this quantity of food. My stomach has of course shrunk, but I was used to eating so much food and even forcing some of those calories down; what to do now? I am faced with cutting back. Or do I cut down calorie by calorie as I lose pound by pound and hope for the best that I will be ok living with less calories when I get to goal? This screams 'diet' not healthy WOE to me.

I have found it so much easier to eat till I am full and only count carbs. At the beginning, doing so was terribly confusing, yes. It was not always clear when I was hungry...But within a few weeks of LCing I could actually tell my system was changing and I could sense and read my own appetite.