View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 14:27

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%
Default Oprah...long and kind of venty

Did anyone see yesterday's Oprah about fighting heart disease?

Low carb eating was only briefly mentioned but again not in a positive light. It was mentioned that low carb eating will speed up heart problems.

I have a real problem with this. I don't understand how doctors can look at people today and tout that low-fat is good for anyone! I am more inclined to believe that if low-carb were to solve the obesity problems of the world, most doctors would stand to lose the hefty profit made off office visits to prescribe diet pills.

There was a doctor locally to my town in Wyoming known for prescribing Prozac to heavy people because they must be depressed if they were overweight. Then if they still didn't lose he'd prescribe something else.
Give me a break!!

You know what study I'd like to see? I'd like to creators of the beloved food pyramid to take a large consensus of the general public's eating habits and average them out and make a pyramid. My guess is it will be highly top heavy and only balanced by the bottom carb section which is likely to be more than 3 times bigger than it should. Even in people who believe they are living by it. There are just so many hidden carbs and if you aren't paying attention they add up.

How many of us have learned that just in limiting our own?

Anyway, I guess I am done venting. I get so frustrated hearing someone who exercises up to 3 hours a day and starves all in the name of good health and weight loss criticize anyone.

Shelley
Sponsored Links