View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 16:41

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hello!

I'm no expert BY FAR!!! There are plenty folks on this forum that can give you better information than I can BUT my first question is this...what caused her to make that statement??? Did she just ask you what your diet was like OR had she taken some tests or something and based on the results told you this? I ask because there are a lot of "professionals" who still are pretty prejudiced against LC diets. If that was her OPINION based on what you said you were eating, that would hold less weight in my mind than her actually having PROOF that damage was being done. Get me?

My other question is to you. Are doing all the right things? Meaning are you drinking PLENTY of water? Are you balancing your proteins and your fats? Are you eating vegetables to get the right kind of carbs? Are you taking your vitamins? There are things we can do to make sure our body is getting what it needs to function properly and process the extra protein.

I'm sure others will jump in...but just something to think about in the meantime!

BTW, I've been LC for almost a year now and get checkups regularly with great results.

Peace,
Star