View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 01:49

Plan: low cal/low carb
Stats: 235.0/215.4/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default me too!

Hi! I know exactly what you're going through. I've been LC-ing for three weeks, and I can't get over the frustration of following the plan perfectly (PP, in my case) and actually gaining weight! Sometimes it goes up a pound, sometimes four pounds, in one day, and periodically it goes down half a pound.

My only advice (which I'm telling myself as well!!) is to be as patient as possible and try to concentrate on something else that's beneficial about LC-ing, like how much more physically fit I'm getting, instead of measurements and pounds. I'm sure all the added stress from beating myself up isn't helping!

I'm trying to tell myself that it's better to weigh myself once a week, or twice a month, but in reality I know I can't do that. The darn scale is right in front of my face, I can't resist it. So I just have to force myself to take a deep breath and think of something else immediately afterwards, so I don't spend the whole morning in a funk.

I really hope this situation improves for both of us! I hope to hear if you find the secret to sending the scale in the opposite direction! Likewise if I see an improvement I'll send it your way!

Good luck and NEVER give up. Good health is worth a little misery in the short run, right?

Kyp.