#2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 300/247/150
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default The grill

Hi. Since Atkins WOE (way of eating) or WOL (way of life) is a high fat diet, you might find that many people on this LC forum do not use a Forman type grill. It is, after all, called the 'lean, mean, fat-fighting machine!

If you read around many areas on this LC forum, you will find that most people have found success by eating 10X your body weight in calories, with 60 -65% fat calories. Lots and lots of folks have reported that low calories do not result in good weight loss results on Atkins.

I use the grill sometimes because sometimes, darnit, I feel like a piece of grilled meat. When I eat a steak, it is grilled. I also grill bacon because it does bacon so well: lots of fat drains off but bacon still has plenty of fat.

If you are seriously starting LC tomorrow, do what I did. I got up in the morning and cleaned my house out of everything not allowed on the diet. Everything. Pasta, muffin mixes, sugar, flour, virtually all prepared and/or canned food. No temptation is in my home so even when I want to eat something I didn't plan for the day, the only choices available to me are low carb choices.