Old Mon, Aug-19-02, 21:11

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%
Default Re: Considering CKD

Quote:
Originally posted by Misty
I know most of you don't recommend Hydroxycut for a thermogenic and that's fine with me considering my budget. What thermogenics do you recommend that are reasonably priced?

Try Ripped Fuel - these days you can get it relatively cheap - $16 for a 120-count jar. Throw in aspirin from the neighborhood drug store and you got pretty much real ECA stack.

Quote:
How many carbs do you generally eat during the week, (not the carb-ups)?

0. That's me though - I'm capable of eating tuna and mayonnaise every friggin' day.

Quote:
Since I'm trying to lose fat, should I be doing cardio? If so, how much, how intense? I know some of you only lift.

Yes. How much and how intense - depends on your endurance and conditioning. IMO, very low intensity cardio is simply not worth doing - just eat less and you'll get the same results. Intense cardio and interval training do wonders in terms of glycogen depletion but are extremely hard to do throughout the whole CKD cycle.

Quote:
Last week I briefly fell off the wagon and had breaded meat and had stomach cramps the rest of the night. Does this happen during the carb-ups?

I suppose that may happen if you're eating carbs that require digestive enzymes to break down (such as breads, vegetables, etc.), because those enzymes downregulate in abscence of carbs. For best results on CKD, don't mix - if you're eating carbs, follow the rules such as avoiding fructose, keeping the fat to the minimum, etc.

Quote:
Do you think a CKD is right for me since Atkins is just helping me maintain and low-fat made me gain 35 pounds in 3 months?

"I don't know. I have no data." --Sherlock Holmes.